Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chocolate Chunk Fudgy Brownies

Hi everyone!!!
 Here is the long awaited post about the BEST brownies in the whole world (and believe me, I have tried lots of brownies). These brownies are sweet, but not too sweet; chewy but not too chewy, and 100% awesome! I would have made these sooner, but only one store near my house sells chocolate chunks, and I hadn't been there for awhile, until yesterday. And guess what! They were on sale! So I bought two bags (and may go back today to get more) and as I'm writing this, the brownies are in the oven.

I got this recipe from my great-Aunt, and now I'll be sharing it with you!
(sorry about the knife in the picture.... I had to take the picture before they were all eaten!)

Chocolate Chunk Fudgy Brownies:

2 sticks (8 oz) butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, room temp (I always forget the room temp part... oops)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
12oz (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chunks
1 cup nuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 (degrees F). Grease a 13X9X2-inch baking pan.

Melt butter over low heat or in the microwave. Scrape into a bowl. Add cocoa powder and stir until well blended. Mix in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.Stir in vanilla, then flour and salt. Do not over beat. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts.

Pour into the prepared pan, making sure the batter is level. Bake 20-25min, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely before cutting (if you can wait that long! lol)

Makes about 24 bars.

Recipe from Saco Foods (that's what the book says, but I'm not sure the name of the book. I have a photo copy of the recipe.... sorry...all rights go to the book)

1 comment:

  1. Love these brownies! Will be making some for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete