Saturday, March 31, 2012

Royal icing cookies

Hi everyone!
A few days ago I decided to try to make royal icing. I think it turned out pretty good, and it tasted amazing on the shortbread cookies.

Here's a picture of the finished cookies.

I decided to use flood icing to frost my cookies and it was easier than I thought it would be.

Steps to decorating cookies with royal icing:

1. Bake your cookies (I made shortbread)
2. Let them cool completely! If you don't it will melt the icing, and make a huge mess.
3. Use the thick royal icing to outline your cookies, and let it dry for five minutes. (the thick icing should be like tooth paste)
4. Add water to your royal icing until its the consistency of shampoo. Then separate into bowls and add your food coloring.
5. Fill your piping bag or squeeze bottle with the flood icing.
6. Completely cover your cookies with the flood icing.
7. Let dry uncovered overnight.

I decided to try different patterns on my cookies, and as you can see, by adding more icing to the cookie, it over flowed, and made a huge mess.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment