Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween Cake Pops!!

Hi Everyone!
I hope everyone is doing well after Hurricane Sandy. I had to delay my post because of the weather, and school has been crazy.
So here is the long awaited Cake Pops!

First, you need to make a cake. I was lazy so I used a boxed cake mix. And cause its Halloween, I adding purple food coloring to the mix. ( I just really like this picture :D )



 The next step is to put it in a sprayed baking pan. Then bake as directed on the box. (See the toaster oven?)



When it's finished baking, it should look something like this.




This picture was taken to try to show you the color of the finished cake.



The, you can either break up the cake with your hands, a fork, or you can put it in the food processor. I like using the food processor, because I feel it provides the nicest crumb.




I pulsed it on the food processor until it looked like this.




 Then I dumped it all in a big bowl.




After putting it in a bowl, you add the frosting. I used orange colored vanilla frosting for the Halloween theme. The amount of frosting depends on your cake. Mine was moist, so I used a little less than half the jar of frosting.

Next is the fun part. You get to mix the frosting with the cake! I always use my hands, but you can use a spoon if you want.




Then, roll the cuties into little balls. Then, stab them with a stick while your candy coating is melting. Then, dip the sticks in the coating and insert them into the holes you already made.  Put them on a papered tray and put in the fridge for a few hours, to over night.



You can now melt your chocolate, and add coloring to it if you want. I made white ghosts (not pictured) and pumpkins. You carefully dip your cake pop into the melted chocolate, and tap it to let any extra coating drip back into the pan. You can set them down, or use something to hold them up to dry. While they were still wet, I added sprinkles for eyes!



Ingredients:
1 box cake mix. I used french vanilla.
1 jar frosting
Sticks
Candy coating/chocolate (I used vanilla almond bark)
Oil (about 1 tsp, because the coating was too thick)
Sprinkles!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment